05 June, 2013

Another Year Passes

Another year passes me by. I grow older and gain some wisdom. It's been a crazy year since my last birthday. It's very soon, and may have passed by the time some of you read this. Life has been a ridiculous ride the last couple years, having the perfectly ordered life I had come to a sudden stop, leading down this scary and enthralling series of cataclysms that I have stitched into the fabric of my life. I see that it's a harsh world, worth the apathy I want to show for it, yet there is something that keeps me interested in the world and it's issues.

I don't know why I continue to hope for a sudden shift in society towards intelligence and critical thinking and evaluation become the norm, mostly I understand that it's essentially futile in the way that you extinguish a fire with kerosene, but I keep on hoping for that change. If there were a chance to show people how to evolve  beyond the bronze and iron age myths that have led to the atrocities that fill our history books for the last 2000 years or so, I would gladly exert as much energy as I could muster to help shape the minds of my fellow humans into insightful minds aware of the larger scale effects of their actions both individually and to/for other people.

If humanity could cast down this selfish method of survival, and adopt a selfless or generous way of living to improve the lives of all humans, I bet there are amazing things could be accomplished by us. I bet we could find a better way to maintain infrastructure and improve the engineering and construction of it to reduce the necessity for repair. From there, we could restructure the way we travel to be safer and clean, reducing both accidents and pollution with a robotic self-drive car that's electric, and it can charge via induction through the road safely into a coil on the car that charges the battery of the vehicle or run it completely without a battery by utilizing the energy directly without storing it.

After improving local transportation, we could address larger scale transport via mag-Lev rails that run in near vacuum tubes to reduce drag and increase the speed which our commodities can travel at hundreds of miles per hour to and from anywhere on a landmass to anywhere else. Getting across oceans will also eventually be via mag-Lev, but that's a project that makes the Chunnel (look it up) seem like a dig in a primary school sandbox. Air travel will be outmoded and slower than the mag-Lev system, which will be run by electricity not H2O5 or other types of jet fuels that create vapor trails across the sky.

With these fundamental paradigms now shifted to a safer, faster, and exceptionally cleaner way, we can establish a more stable economy based on things that have a static value and will always be worth what it is originally measured at. It will take a while to get to economy through the transition, but because there won't be as high a demand for oil and coal, the price for each will eventually stabilize and cost less than it has in about 15-20 years. (That statement is purely speculative, as I cannot predict the values that items will have when a consensus is reached during the transition from failing economics to the aforementioned framework.)

We then need to have EVERY nation dismantle their WMD arsenals, which can be used constructively as drive components for interplanetary travel. If that method of propulsion is adopted, it'll have to be used at a safe distance from our atmosphere, but will be faster than any chemical rockets or ion drives we could ever produce.

It's such a simple plan, elegant in a way. However, overcoming the opposition and getting everyone running with the idea is the hardest part. Everything else will seriously fall into place after that Herculean task has been summited and people really start working toward the improvement of our species and planet, looking toward the future instead of stressing on the present. I do weep for us, though, for we are still just stupid monkeys that are reactionary and selfish by nature. We can't progress until that is quelled and social awareness replaces it.

So as I continue to get older, year after year, I see the state of the world declining further and further into a chaos that we created for ourselves. The political atmosphere is boiling at the fever pitch, war threatens to ravage society and will destroy many more unsuspecting people in the years to come. Rich people will be capable of evading harm, but the townsfolk will die for their homes against any enemy. I just want this to be the year that something changes for the better. I want that to be the wish I'm granted, but I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment